Many well owners wonder, “What are some good ways to maintain my well pump?” The good news is that maintaining a well pump is actually pretty easy as long as you provide it with routine maintenance. It’s also important to take care of any repairs as soon as the need arises. Read on for plenty of tips on how to maintain a well pump:
- Check for drips: Drips are never a good sign. Routinely give all components of your well a visual inspection. If you notice drips, it’s important to contact a well pump service provider right away. A tiny drip could quickly turn into a large issue if not repaired quickly. Most of the time, drips only require some tightening of pipes, but it’s always best to get a professional’s opinion.
- Check for cracks or any other damage: You should look for all kinds of damage when giving your water pump a visual inspection. Catching cracks, dents and other damage early could help prevent major issues. It’s especially important to give your well pump a visual inspection after heavy storms.
- Keep the cooling fans clean: The cooling fans are an important component of your well pump system, so it’s important to provide them with routine maintenance as well. Cleaning the cooling fans is simple, as you’ll likely only need to remove dirt and other debris. Leaves, limbs and all sorts of debris can get caught up in your cooling fans and cause long-term damage. Keeping your cooling fans clean could help prevent your pump from overheating, which is likely to result in serious damage if not addressed in time.
- Replace when necessary: When well maintained, a quality well water pump will last around a decade. That said, if your pump is getting up there in age and is in need of constant repairs, it might be time for a new one. Investing in a new pump could even help you save money, as you won’t have to pay for constant repairs. A professional well service provider can easily determine whether you need a new well pump or not.
- Invest in professional service: While it’s possible to some kinds of well water pump maintenance on your own, it’s also a good idea to invest in professional service from time to time. Most experts recommend having your pump professionally inspected every three years or so. A professional can easily spot any potential problems with your pump and offer advice on how to fix them. This will likely help save you from paying for expensive repairs in the future.
As you can see from the above tips, maintaining a well pump is fairly easy, but it can take some time and energy. That said, providing your well pump with proper maintenance will help ensure it lasts a long time. Just be sure to follow the tips mentioned above, and take care of any repairs as soon as possible. If you’re in need of professional well service, contact the experts at Love Well & Pump Supply, LLC. We offer a variety of quality services, including well pump installations, repairs and more.
Categorised in: Well Pump Repair
This post was written by Writer