Are you experiencing problems with your water supply? These issues could be due to a dry well. However, some concerns can be caused by simple mechanical problems. How can you know if you need to call for water well services in Monroe, NC? Watch for the following red flags.
If you experience any of these issues, don’t hesitate to contact a professional. An expert inspection will reveal whether your well is running dry or if you need other repairs:
- Water quality: Does your water appear sandy or muddy? These murky waters can indicate that the water level is low. This causes the pump to pick up muck from the bottom of the well. However, poor water quality can also indicate your well has a damaged screen. To determine the cause of the dirty water, contact a professional for water well services in Monroe, NC.
- Air: Is your faucet sputtering with blasts of air? If so, your water level could be low. The air blasts could be the result of a lack of water. The pump takes in air instead of liquid and, as a result, your faucet sputters. Another possible cause of the air pockets is a broken pipe. Since either issue needs to be taken care of as soon as possible, don’t hesitate to contact your local provider of water well services in Monroe, NC if you experience this issue.
- Twice the trouble: If you’re having trouble with your water, it can be helpful to check with neighbors to see if they are experiencing similar issues. If you share a well, and their water is fine, you probably have an issue other than a dry well. It’s likely your filter needs repairs or replacement.
- Elevated bills: Have your power bills suddenly increased? This could indicate an issue with your water system, but it’s typically not a dry well. Your pump may be using extra electricity as it tries to work while damaged. The check valve may be broken, which will cause the well to run incessantly and inflate your electricity bill.
- Reduced pressure: How’s your water pressure? Low pressure can be caused by a dry well, but it can also be the result of one or more mechanical issues. The pump may have failed, a valve could be faulty or a pipe might be clogged. To determine the cause and restore proper pressure, call for professional water well services in Monroe, NC. Don’t simply try to live with the lower pressure, as a minor issue can escalate and cause major damage if not repaired right away.
Don’t Dry Up
If you experience any of these issues, reach out to the team at Love Well & Pump Supply, LLC. We’ve been the area’s go-to source for water well services in Monroe, NC since 1967. We specialize in well inspections, abandoned wells, water line piping, installations of pumps and tanks, camera inspections, trench digging and freshwater services. We work closely with irrigation in residential, farms, agricultural, nurseries, greenhouses and light commercial. Contact us today for a free estimate.
Categorised in: Water Well Services
This post was written by Writer