People who live in rural areas across the country depend on well water to survive. Without it, they’d have to buy bottles of water from the store and bathe in the nearest lake or pond. Unfortunately, issues can arise with well water that lead to a funky taste, stains on your clothes and even illness. Continue reading to learn more about the signs that your well water may be bad:
- Strange odor: Needless to say, your water shouldn’t smell like anything when you turn on your faucet. When well water has an odor issue, it’ll usually smell like sulfur or rotten eggs. This is the result of hydrogen sulfide seeping into your groundwater from decaying organic matter. It won’t necessarily hurt you to drink this water, but it certainly isn’t a pleasant smell! Be sure to call us for well water testing in Monroe, NC if you’ve noticed anything unusual.
- Bad taste: Much like smell, your water shouldn’t taste like anything, either. People will sometimes complain about a metallic taste coming from their well water. This is usually a sign that the water is high in iron and manganese, and that it needs treatment. Give Love Well & Pump Supply, LLC a call today if it tastes like you’ve been swallowing metal each time you get a drink of water.
- Cloudiness: Unless you’re drinking lake water (which is a bad idea), your water shouldn’t be cloudy. Cloudiness in your well water can mean a variety of different things—none of which are good. A reddish-brown color means there’s too much iron in the water, which could stain your clothes. Bluish water indicates that corrosive water is leaching from pipes. Yellow-colored water is a sign that your well is too shallow. Give us a call if your water isn’t crystal clear—we can install a water filtration system to clear that problem right up!
- Stains on clothes: You don’t just drink your well water—you have to wash your clothes in it, too! For that reason, it’s imperative that your water is as clean as can be. Otherwise, you’ll wind up with permanently stained clothing no matter how many times you run them through the washing machine. If you’ve noticed that your clothes have strange stains after coming out of the washer, it could be time to have us test your well water.
- Illness: Last, but certainly not least, bad well water can cause serious illness for you and your family members. Tons of bacteria live in that dirty water, which can wreak havoc on your stomach. If you’ve been having intestinal issues, you might want to think about calling us to test the quality of your well water. We’ll get to the bottom of the situation and clear your water right up.
Don’t suffer with bad water for one more minute—give Love Well & Pump Supply, LLC a call today for well water testing in Monroe, NC. Our team can inspect your water to determine the cause of the problem and fix it right away.
This post was written by admin